Monday, February 9, 2015

Tasting - Hugl Grüner Veltliner


Name: Hugl Grüner Veltliner
Variety: 100% Green Veltliner
Region: Niederösterreich 
Country: Austria
Year: 2013
Price: Regular $14; Sale $7.95

Shop Review: "A fresh scent of green pears greets the nose. What follows comes in a light, crisp citrus vein, supported by a rounded mouthfeel. A refreshing wine for immediate drinking." 
-Vintage Cellar, Blacksburg 

My Review: This wine had a strong, fruity smell, one that hit the back of my throat (the only way I could think to describe it). It was sweet tasting with some floral after notes. I felt it was really only one flavor when drinking it (no front/mid/back palate). I wrote it was a warm wine, maybe referring to the same sensation as the review describing the wine as "rounded mouthfeel". 

Tasted without food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment