Thursday, January 29, 2015

Tasting - B&G Chicken & Turkey



Name: B&G, Chicken & Turkey, Cotes du Rhone
Variety: 50% Grenache, 30% Syrah, and 20% Carignan
Region: Cotes du Rhone 
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: Regular $10, Sale $5.95

Store Review: A blend of 50% Grenache, 30% Syrah and 20% Carignan. Deep red garnet color with purple highlights. Intense nose of morello cherry, tobacco and liquorice. Good structure on the palate with lots of fruit and a long fruity and spicy finish. A true delight. 
-Vintage Cellar, Blacksburg. 

My Review: This wine was probably the first, strong red that I could see myself enjoying, maybe with a meal. It had a strong smell. At first, it had a warm, rich taste. I learned that it was a dry wine - meaning it leaves your mouth dry after drinking. After a few more sips, I finally could detect cherry, which was confirmed by our pourer. Surprisingly, considering it was a strong red, I really enjoyed this wine! 

Tasted without food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment